Maintenance Technician 2 to join our Columbus, GA team. If you are interested in an environment that offers new opportunities/experiences every day please read further.
Who we are: We are passionate. We are committed to pursuing excellence, accepting challenges and embracing opportunities to improve efficiencies and produce the highest quality work.
WPMC believes in teamwork, cooperation, and commitment. WPMC employees are competitive and fun-natured, and make the most of the relationships built in and out of the office.
Our total rewards package includes the choice of 3 medical plans, a dental plan, a vision plan, short term & long term disability and supplemental life insurance to also include AFLAC insurance. 401(k) Company matches 100% of the first 3% and 50% up to 2%. Paid Time Off (PTO) of 16 days (prorated the first year), along with 9 Company paid holidays.
Position Summary: The Maintenance Tech 2 is responsible for plumbing, painting, drywall repair, and the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in and assisting with the overflow of Service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and be able to work outside, in all weather conditions and to perform physically difficult work.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Make all repairs/replacements necessary, including painting for apartment to be occupied.
- Clean out all trash from apartments before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Respond to resident maintenance requests and Service Requests when needed.
- During normal course of duty look for needed maintenance or liability hazards and repair/report to supervisor or manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment/apartments.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- May be requested to assist in other areas of property including grounds keeping duties, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, housekeeping, office support, etc. depending on property needs.
- HVAC Certification preferred
- One to three years experience in a maintenance position at an apartment community or a related position.
- Must be results oriented and a self-starter. Organization skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, construction and electrical.
- Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools, Freon recovery machinery, air conditioning gauges and vacuum pumps.
- Must be able flexible to work weekends, holidays and available for emergency after hours calls.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to get to work in order to respond to on-call emergencies.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug test.
Woodruff is an EEO and Drug Free Workplace
|Job Category||Maintenance Tech 2|