Position Summary: The Maintenance Tech 2 is responsible for plumbing, painting, drywall repair, and the preparation of vacant apartments for move-in and assisting with the overflow of Service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and be able to work outside, in all weather conditions and to perform physically difficult work.
- Prepare vacant apartments for move-in.
- Make all repairs/replacements necessary, including painting for apartment to be occupied.
- Clean out all trash from apartments before, during and after make-ready activity.
- Respond to resident maintenance requests and Service Requests when needed.
- During normal course of duty look for needed maintenance or liability hazards and repair/report to supervisor or manager.
- Perform preventive maintenance on equipment/apartments.
- Attendance is an essential job function.
- May be requested to assist in other areas of property including grounds keeping duties, trash pick-up, pool maintenance, housekeeping, office support, etc. depending on property needs.
- HVAC Certification preferred
- One to three years experience in a maintenance position at an apartment community or a related position.
- Must be results oriented and a self-starter. Organization skills and attention to detail are essential.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of plumbing, heating, air conditioning, construction and electrical.
- Must be able to use all types of hand and power tools, Freon recovery machinery, air conditioning gauges and vacuum pumps.
- Must be able flexible to work weekends, holidays and available for emergency after hours calls.
- Must have personal, reliable transportation to get to work in order to respond to on-call emergencies.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug test.
Woodruff is an EEO and Drug Free Workplace
|Job Category||Maintenance Tech 2|